Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Sorry, I can't help myself. A website for evangelical young adults called The Rebelution recently conducted a Modesty Survey to let Christian girls know how Christian men of all ages think they should be dressing. Some sample questions (in traditional five-point agree-disagree format)?
- You have less respect for an immodest girl than for a modest one.
- The lines of undergarments, visible under clothing, cause guys to stumble.
- Seeing a girl take off a pullover (i.e. a shirt that must be pulled over the head) is a stumbling block, even if she is wearing a modest shirt underneath.
- It is a stumbling block to see a girl lying down, even if she's just hanging out on the floor or on a couch with her friends.
- Seeing a girl's chest bounce when she is walking or running is a stumbling block.
I could go on, and on, and on, and on, I really could, because there are over a hundred questions, and they're all classics. Like:
- An ankle-length skirt with a knee-high slit is more modest than a knee-length skirt.
Hmmm. That's actually a tough one. Anyway, here are the results. Better click through quick, though, before I lose control and...
- Bare feet are not a stumbling block.
...add another one. OK. I'll stop...
- Bending over so that cleavage is visible down the front of the shirt or dress is a stumbling block.